WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Brian Blade - Drums & Guitar

















Since this is now my self-proclaimed "Brian Blade Week" here at Four on the Floor, I thought I would feature today the dynamic duet of Blade and guitarist Wolfgang Muthspiel. I posted some of their recorded work on Monday but here's a nice live clip to chew on:



I really appreciate Brian's joyful spirit when he plays the drums and the diverse influences he blends together while still grounded in the Jazz tradition. The open texture of the drums/guitar combination offers some really nice space for both of these accomplished musicians to play off of each other.

I haven't checked this one out but look forward to hearing this album that they put out a couple of years ago:




No comments:

Post a Comment